After waiting 2 hours, I saw the doctor the yesterday for my regularly scheduled appointment. I'm getting used to the doctor running late... it doesn't happen often, but it's usually because he's stuck in surgery or got called into the hospital (which is just across the street). I hear other patients complain, but the way I see it is, if I were in the hospital, I would want Dr. S running to my side if I needed him.
So baby and I are now in week 33. After doing some reading I realized I should tell the doc about my swollen hands and feet. While the swelling in my feet go down after I put them up, my hands are swollen pretty much all the time. That, along with the high blood pressure reading that I had that day, worried us that I might have symptoms of preeclampsia. Dr. S is going to monitor me closer, which means instead of seeing him every other week, I'm going to see him every week now. This is no biggie, since I'm used to going to his office every week for my progesterone shots.
While I'm nervous that I might develop preeclampsia, two good pieces of news came out of that visit. First, there was no trace of protein in my urine... which is a good sign, because that's one symptom. Second, when they took my blood pressure a second time, it was normal and WAY lower than the original reading. Another good sign. Regardless, I really hope and pray that I don't develop this condition since the last thing we want are any complications.
The baby has been very active and the hubby and I enjoy feeling him move. I have to admit, one thing I don't enjoy is when our son tucks parts of his body (I'm guessing his feet) in my rib cage. I understand he's running out of room in there, but it's a bit uncomfortable for me. Otherwise we can't complain. We're continuing to read to the baby (Dr. Seuss books have been our favorite) and have the nursery set up, for the most part.
Continued positive thoughts and prayers!!!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hang in there mama! i had preeclampsia too. it was scary, but in retrospect, the best thing to do was to relax and sleep. now... sleep is so elusive. so i guess it was a blessing in disguise. you are doing great, and i am glad your doctor will be more attentive. please remember that this happens to many moms to be. also, there is no perfect pregnancy, and there is no 'normal' pregnancy. all is well!
Post a Comment