Thursday, February 12, 2009

We know what we're having!

23 weeks down, 17 to go!

We had the mother of all ultrasounds on Tuesday. I was SO nervous because, historically, we always received bad news during ultrasounds. This time was totally different. We saw our baby - and thankfully everything is NORMAL - yay!!! What I especially enjoyed was actually seeing the baby move on the monitor, and feeling the baby move inside me, at the same time. Wow - I really was feeling movement - it wasn't just gas (hahaha!!!)

The best part was when the tech was zooming in to one particular part of the baby, and the hubby quickly saw the one thing that all dad's look for...Ready???

IT'S A BOY!!!!

Oh my gosh, we are so excited. We're having a son. Our son. I have a son. Wow, that sounds so cool to say. Our little baby boy. Robert Junior. Maybe. We like the nickname RJ, so we'll see if it sticks :)

Rob's so happy. After walking through the toy section at Target he exclaimed, "My son and I are going to have SO MUCH FUN!" He's already planning the first time they're going to watch Star Wars together and is going through his library of Star Wars books to pick just the right one that he wants to read to my belly. LOL!

All is well otherwise. I've got my heartburn under control. Whenever I feel the symptoms I have a glass of milk or yogurt. That seems to fix it.

What I do have to complain about are my painful wrists. I had carpal tunnel syndrome before my pregnancy - so with pregnancy the symptoms got worse and worse. Unfortunately I was waking up several times in the middle of the night, in pain, lots of pain. It got so bad that I broke down and agreed to the much recommended, much needed, cortisone shots. I've had these in the past, however afterwards I would take ibuprofen and that would help keep the swelling and soreness down after the shots. This time I could only take regular strength Tylenol, which hardly did anything. I sucked it up and in a day or so I should be pain free - for at least a couple of months. At least then I can sleep through the night (with the occasional bathroom breaks, of course).

Back to the baby, I'm thrilled that we can now plan for his arrival. I can finally go online and register for baby things - specifically baby BOY things - how fun! Hubby is especially excited that Pottery Barn Kids has Star Wars stuff that we can register for. It's stuff for kids, not baby, but as much as my husband loves Star Wars, I'm going to find a way to work it into the nursery decor. (Ay yah yay!!!!) Any suggestions on how I can make a Star Wars themed nursery cute, and not scary for an infant??? (FYI - he's not a fan of the Clone Wars, so that idea is out...) Oh well, guess I better pack up the Hello Kitty decor I had been saving (hehehe).

3 comments:

Mrs. J said...

Yay RJ! Bailey is so excited to meet you when you're all cooked. :) Take care!

Michael and Jillian Altrogge said...

Congratulations Rob and Floremy on a baby boy. I look forward to teaching him the ways of the world. Ha ha ha.....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Yeah!!
I say go with Ewoks. They are very cute and cuddly little creatures. Just think in a few short years there will be someone else to play Star Wars trivial pursuit with Rob and I!!