Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 21

We saw the doctor this week and so far things are continuing to progress well. At first I was concerned that I was gaining too much weight but the doctor looked at my numbers and said that my weight gain was right on track (phew!) We also heard the baby's heartbeat and A LOT of movement, which the hubby was very excited about :)

We also started Lamaze/Childbirth Preparation class this week. Surprisingly it was very informative and we look forward to going to class twice a week for the next three weeks. I especially enjoyed the last 15 minutes of class where the partners were instructed to massage the moms to help with relaxation. Ahhhhh....

I also just read that by now the baby is swallowing several ounces of amniotic fluid each day and that the taste of the fluid will differ from day to day depending on what I eat. According to researchers, babies who were exposed to certain tastes in utero via the amniotic fluid were more eager to eat foods with that same taste after birth. That's so cool! So I started to think about what I wanted my baby to taste, like - which veggies and fruits? which Filipino dishes? what other tasty delights? Then....

Unfortunately, this is also the week where I began to have terrible heartburn. At first it was just at night when I went to bed, but now I'm experiencing heartburn during the day. This is not so fun. I'm going to suck it up for as long as I can, then when I have to, I will take take Tums or other OTC medications. Ugh.

Oh well, sooner or later my little one will be exposed to chicken adobo, pansit, and all sorts of tasty delights!

No comments: