I love my husband. He's the best. Really he is. He took some vacation days this week and was truly Mr. Fantastic.
See, I've been having serious cravings lately. Last Saturday I discovered that I can eat salmon. I also learned that salmon has Omega-3 which is great for the baby's brain development (bonus!) I had to have some. The hubby took me to a Japanese restaurant where I feasted on California rolls, Salmon Teriyaki and rice. Wow. It was the best.
The other day I had to have a Cinnabon. Not just any ordinary cinnamon roll - but an actual Cinnabon. The craving hit me Wednesday night at 9:43pm and the mall was already closed. You can get the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with Cinnabon frosting at the grocery store, but the grocery store was going to close at 10:00pm so I knew he wouldn't make it. Thursday morning, sure enough, as soon as the mall opened the hubby took me there where I enjoyed not one, but one-and-one-half delicious Cinnabons (fresh out of the oven) with cold milk. It was deeeeeelicious!
Today I was craving a specific dish - BBQ pork strips w/egg and rice - from a tiny mom and pop place called Asian Fusion. I don't know why, but there's just something special about that dish. I haven't had anything like it before, honestly. Nothing else was going to satisfy this craving. There's one problem - it's really far from our house (at least 45 minutes away). God bless my husband, he took me there today and I feasted. Not only did I enjoy this dish, but I also had the fabulous dessert that they make there - fried bananas, wrapped in lumpia paper, with ice cream, whip and caramel....yummm!!!! The fried bananas taste just like the ones my mom used to make when I was growing up. Oh my gosh - it was such a good meal... and so filling... it's been 5 hours since we ate there and I'm still full! (Usually I get hungry every 2-3 hours.)
So yeah, I love my husband. More and more every day. This week in particular he was awesome... and I love him even more for that. I truly enjoyed the quality time that we spent together, and I'm going to miss my Mr. Fantastic tons when he goes back to work next week.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment