Monday, September 6, 2010

Body Parts

Many years ago I giggled when one of my girlfriends called, very excited, to tell me that her kid can "finally do tricks!!!"  I thought, what the heck, this is a kid, not a dog... why is she calling them "tricks"?  She explained that he's very entertaining to watch and that his "tricks" are really a treat to see.  At the time, I didn't think much of it, but politely told her that I was very happy for her and her child. 

Today, I am a super proud Mama of a 15-month old boy who can "do tricks"!!!  Every day that we pick him up from day care, a teacher's note is enclosed in his bag that includes a section where she explains what they did that day.  I noticed that they were learning about body parts but didn't realize what that meant. 

A couple of days ago I heard RJ say something (couldn't make out what it was at first) and he kept pointing to his ears, then my ears, then his ears, etc.  After a while, I finally realized he was saying "EARS!" and was pointing to his ears.  AMAZING!!! 

Our child knows not only where his ears are, but also his head, his belly button and his feet - WOW!!!  We are super proud of this wonderful boy of ours and look forward to the many more things that he will learn!!!

No comments: