I find that time is moving even more quickly now that he's one year old and walking - so I'm really trying to cherish our moments. This little boy of ours is so confident and so independent. He doesn't like to hold our hands when we walk in public - and thinks he can walk wherever he wants, and up to whomever he wants. He's quite the ladies man... whenever he sees a baby girl, or any female for that matter, he puts on quite a smile and flirts!!! The other day when we were at the park, he did a little dance for these two lovely grandmas that were sitting on a bench. He's quite the entertainer!
I've been working a lot lately, so when I realized that I would actually be home before 6pm today, I suggested that we take our son to the mall. Best decision ever! Baby and Daddy were adorable in their matching Lakers jerseys, and several times we were stopped by people who complimented our handsome child and wanted to know where we got his baby-sized jersey. (FYI - Orange County... they don't have any here in San Diego.) We grabbed a quick bite to eat, walked around, bought BooBoo his new Nike Kobe Bryant sneakers (to match the jersey of course!), and let him play in the children's area where he had a blast. Who knew that such a simple thing would turn into a really great family evening?
I thus continue to cherish these moments... and look forward to many more!

No comments:
Post a Comment