29 weeks down, 11 more to go... or maybe less???
I saw my OB yesterday. Another good visit. RJ is continuing to do well - heart rate was right at 140. My uterus is growing right on schedule and my weight gain is on target as well.
Since we're in the third trimester, I decided to ask my doctor when he will remove the cerclage. He recommended that we schedule this at week 38 - around Memorial Day. I asked about the details, and apparently the procedure will be done in the delivery room. What!? Yeah - didn't know that detail. Apparently once the stitch is removed (and it's gonna hurt and be uncomfortable, he said) - they will monitor me, and the bleeding, for a few hours. THEN, I just found out, we will determine whether or not I should be induced at that time...
Again, WHAT!? I didn't know that me being induced was part of the plan??? Anyhoo... we discussed this further, I've wrapped my brain around it, and I'm slowly but surely coming to accept that: (1) the removal of my cerclage is going to hurt, (2) it will be done in a delivery room, (3) I'm probably not going home after the procedure, and (4) we should plan to stay as I will most likely be induced and deliver our son that week.
Wow, that was a lot for me to process. I am continuing to pray for the health of my baby and for the strength that we will need to get through all of this. I truly hope that all will go smoothly and that there will be no complications... On a good note, at least I can shower and shave my legs before going into the hospital (hahaha!)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment